Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren.
17.02.2019, 06:30:43

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge

Umfrage

Which of the three systems below should we use for playoffs?

System A - Top 3 advance to playoffs
System B - Top 4 advance to playoffs
System C - Top 6 advance to playoffs

Umfrage schließt: 24.02.2019, 18:22:55

Autor Thema: LIX - System for playoffs?  (Gelesen 121 mal)

Offline Balnazza

• Projektleitung
  • "Per me reges regnant"
    • Profil anzeigen
    • Gamesports
  • Race:
LIX - System for playoffs?
« am: 12.02.2019, 18:21:53 »
We can offer you three different types of playoffs for the upcoming system. You can chose on from the below:

System A: The system we are already using. Top 3 qualifies for playoffs. First seed is set into the finals, second and third have to play an elimination match for the other seed.

System B: Top 4 qualify for playoffs for a single-elimination tournament. 1st vs. 4th and 2nd vs. 3rd. Winners proceed to the finals, losers are out. Note that we won't organize a match for the 3rd place, it will be splitted, unless the teams want to play it out. Then we will assist with the planning etc.
Higher seeds won't have any perks in their matches.

System C: Top 6 qualify for playoffs for a single-elimination tournament. In the first round, 3rd vs. 6th and 4th vs. 5th. Winners proceed to the semifinals, where 1st plays vs. the lowest placed team, 2nd vs. the remaining team. Winners proceed to the finals. Again, no match for 3rd place, unless the teams want to play it out. Then we will assist with the planning etc.
Higher seeds won't have any perks in their matches.
« Letzte Änderung: 13.02.2019, 15:31:12 von guhl_rush »
Ultima ratio regum!

Offline rbr.Shorty

• Anfänger
    • Profil anzeigen
  • Race:
Antw:LVIV - System for playoffs?
« Antwort #1 am: 13.02.2019, 05:14:23 »
I voted for System C for the following reasons:

- System C and System B are similar. However, in System C teams ranked 1st and 2nd during the season do get the advantage that they have to play one less playoff match, which is significant in many cases.

- There are 13 teams that have signed up for the season. Probably 2 or 3 will drop off at some point (as it always happens). In this sense the teams around 4-6 position will be in the middle of the table. The middle of the table is always very "cramped" as far as points differences are concerned. For instance, the teams ranked between 4 and 6 might be just 1 or 2 points away from each other (that happens very frequently). I don't think 1 point over such a long season should decide if a team has playoffs chances.

- Elimination matches are always more fun - both for the teams and for any viewers. The more elimination matches there are the better.

Offline pG.Okkul

• Anfänger
    • Profil anzeigen
  • Race:
Antw:LVIV - System for playoffs?
« Antwort #2 am: 13.02.2019, 14:19:24 »
I would like the System A

Offline rbr.godfather

• Anfänger
    • Profil anzeigen
  • Race:
Antw:LIX - System for playoffs?
« Antwort #3 am: 13.02.2019, 18:28:14 »
System C seems most reasonable for me. This will give more matches and more chances for the teams to make it to the finals.