Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren.
17.06.2019, 20:38:36

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge

Autor Thema: (4)Furbolg Mountain  (Gelesen 4689 mal)

Offline BoX

• Profil anzeigen
(4)Furbolg Mountain
« am: 07.02.2010, 18:04:08 »

Our fondest furbolgs head to the slopes for a ski.

My vision for this map was to create a more balanced TM: the lab is harder to creep at the start; all spawns have the same access to mercenary and shop; more possibilities for expansion. I hope you like the result.

A Comparison With Twisted Meadows

-   Spawns about the same distance
-   Spawns are equal opportunity to Mercenary and Shop camps
-   Lab is harder to creep at the start, but still possible
-   No experience tomes
-   Also two possible expansions, but the middle expansions are easy to creep, encouraging more action-packed games

Other Notes

-   Creeps at the gold mines and the outer camps have frost armor or frost breath to balance speed-build militia creeping at difficult camps that are far from opponents, and to encourage creeping in the middle of the map; the frost breath dragons at the fountains prevent Orc from creeping it too easily
-   Mercenary camps are accessible from behind the shops. This allows new tricks and techniques not seen on any other map.
-   The middle gold mines are on a higher cliff level, and the gold mine is exposed in the rear, with a Lab for Zeppelins nearby. This makes vision play a role in attacking or defending the expansion, and also allows new harassment tactics. (such as siege attacking from the lower ground, blizzarding peasants from below, blinking up and down)
-   The outer expansion gold mines are on a lower cliff level, also making vision an important part of attacking and defending.
-   Spawns are NOT on a higher cliff level. Visibility due to height is not an issue.
« Letzte Änderung: 13.02.2010, 18:11:00 von BoX »

Offline CoB-Wels

• Ehrenmitglied
  • Wuslywuu!
    • Profil anzeigen
  • Race:
Re: (4)Furbolg Mountain
« Antwort #1 am: 07.02.2010, 19:23:05 »
heyho box,
u can write in english, i think that is no problem for our community to help u in english! :)

i will write a detailed analyse of this map soon, but when i first played it, it really sucked, that the mainbases are standing on a high hill. perhaps u can move them down on the same level with the rest of the map, or at least not sooo much higher.
Striving for destiny since 1999. ~ Be a true CoBby!

Offline BoX

• Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #2 am: 07.02.2010, 19:58:04 »
okay I will write in english now :P

yeah, the snow + hills are hard to get used  to. I may consider lowering the starting spawns a little. I don't want to lower them too much though, or it won't be a mountain anymore!

Offline Mae_Govannen

• Ehrenmitglied
  • Weltenbummler
    • Profil anzeigen
« Antwort #3 am: 07.02.2010, 22:57:46 »
Nice to have you here aswell BoX!
Schaut doch mal in #mae im IRC (quakenet) vorbei. :)

Du willst ein Meisterwerk sehen?

Offline speciaL

• Masters-Teilnehmer
    • Profil anzeigen
  • Race:
« Antwort #4 am: 09.06.2010, 00:48:36 »
i cannot download the map.

Offline GoLiaD

• Freier Mitarbeiter
  • Never play drunken!
    • Profil anzeigen
  • Race:
« Antwort #5 am: 09.06.2010, 16:30:25 »
looks nice :)
Aslong there drop enough blademaster items :)!